The ITA-Italian Trade Promotion Agency is the government organisation which promotes the internationalisation of the Italian companies, in line with the strategies of the Ministry for Economic Development. ITA provides information, support and advice to Italian and foreign companies. In addition to its Rome headquarters, ITA operates worldwide from a large network of Trade Promotion Offices linked to Italian embassies and consulates and working closely with local authorities and businesses. ITA provides a wide range of services overseas helping Italian and foreign businesses to connect with each other.
What we do:
- identification of possible business partners
- bilateral trade meetings with Italian companies
- trade delegation visits to Italy
- official participation in international fairs and exhibitions
- forums and seminars with Italian experts
Who we work with:
On carrying out our institutional tasks we cooperate with the Italian associations of food an wine entrepreneurs, such as:
- Federalimentare – Federation of entrepreneurial Associations of Food&Wine Industry
- Aidepi – Association of national manufacturing industries of Pasta, Breakfast cereal, Chocolate and cocoa-based products, Ice creams, Sugar confectionery Biscuits and other fine bakery products.
- Assica - National trade association representing companies involved in the production of Italian Salumi (pork and beef), pork slaughtering, and in the processing of other meat-based foodstuffs.
- Assolatte – Italian Association of Diary Product Industry
- Federbio – Italian Federation of Organic Agriculture
- Confagricoltura - General Confederation of Italian Agriculture
Our campaign areas:
Around €5m annually spent on marketing promotional activities on international markets:
Promoting Italian quality food and contrasting Italian food imitations;
Organization of Italian pavilions in international trade fairs;
Helping Italian companies to increase their presence in large-scale retail trade in foreign Countries;
Promoting Image of Italian Food&Wine on international market
Via Liszt 21
Fax +39 0689280365